* My house is so SO messy, and it's driving me crazy. IF Ruby takes a nap (and that's a big IF), I always want to spend that time crafting or blogging, not cleaning my house. Plus, cleaning usually makes noise. But seriously, it's bad. I did vacuum yesterday though.
* Did Starbucks stop doing the bring in an empty coffee bag, get a free drink thing? I never did it, but I was going to, and now I don't see that printed on the bags anymore. Hmm...
* I want to do a ton of decorating stuff to the house. Except I don't have the budget for it. And, oh yeah, we hate our rented house.
* On the topic of decorating, are two chevron rugs in one house too much? We have the glorious yellow one upstairs in Ruby's room right now. I fear that my beloved Ikea Stockholm Rand rug has bit the dust. I loooooooooooove love love that rug, but Braidy retaliated having a little "sister" in a big big way, and none of my efforts to clean it have worked well enough that I feel comfortable letting Ruby play on the living room floor. We can't really afford to replace it with an identical one, but this Rugs USA rug has caught my eye. Two chevron = too much? Or ok? And is chevron on the way out? I like it, but I do like to keep my rugs for a long time.
* We call those jammies in the pic above, "jailbird jams". I now have a sweater in identical stripes/colors, so we can be jailbirds together.
* Ruby got her follow-up flu shot yesterday, and just like the first one, she didn't cry at all. What is up with that?
* Mr. G got me a massage gift certificate for V-day. I've never had one, and I'm actually not sure how I feel about being rubbed down by a stranger. Weird, no?
* That picture is about a month and a half old. And that is still the closest to crawling Ruby has gotten. I know that all babies are on their own timeline, and some just skip straight to walking, but it doesn't seem like she's going to do that, and I kind of have anxiety and guilt about her immobility. She's always been a horrible tummy-timer, and I feel like somehow that's my fault, and now it's making her unable to crawl. I feel self-conscious when she's around other babies of a similar age and they are all over the place.
* I need to learn how to better use my camera. I also probably need Photoshop, if I want to get the kind of pictures I want. But that's not going to happen anytime soon.
* I'm having decorator paralysis about the last finishing touches for the nursery.
* I really need to lose a little bit of weight. After Ruby was born, I lost weight quickly, but have since actually put more back ON. Bad, I know, and it's affecting my self-esteem. My time is SO limited, but we have the 30-Day Shred, which I think I could carve out enough time to do. However, our TV has still not been returned by the repairman, and I don't have enough space upstairs to use that one. Plus, there's the whole gross dog violated rug issue down there too. I'd also like to do a couch to 5K program, but we don't have a treadmill. I know me, and I know that I am not motivated enough to try to learn to run in the rain here in WA. Plus, it will also be dark, since the only time I'll have to do it is after Mr. G comes home. Sigh.
* This post has sort of become a complaining post. That makes me sad. =(
* Ruby has begun initiating games of peekaboo with us, which makes me incredibly happy! She'll peekaboo anything, from mesh laundry bags, to blankets or bath towels, to just grabbing my arm and holding it over her eyes. It is SO stinking cute.
|Love this kid with her whackadoodle hair.|
* I've been making a batch of muffins, then freezing most of them so they don't go bad before I can eat them all. This has led to me having a cup of tea and a muffin in the afternoons, which I love! I guess the Brits have it right with tea time, yes? My fave right now is this Celestial Seasonings Mandarin Orange Spice.
* I want to do more crafty tutorials on here. Don't be surprised if you see a few in the future! I'd also be totally open to suggestions for tutorials you want to see, I always love a good new source of inspiration.
Ok, I think that's it for now. My mind = dumped. Let's see what else I can get done now while Ruby naps (please take a long nap, please take a long nap).