Monday, February 27, 2012

28 Weeks

See this guy?  This tub is my new BFF...

Except, yeeeeaaaahhhh, not really.  Because it tastes totally gross, and I haven't been able to successfully hide it in anything other than a smoothie.  That wouldn't be too bad, except I'm supposed to ingest it 2-3 times per day.  I have a hard time with more than one smoothie a day.  =(

Why does this have to be my BFF?  Because Dr. G said so.  Baby girl isn't doing as good a job growing as we'd hoped.  She kicked me as I just typed that.  Sorry kid, but you've gotta grow!  She was back down to 10th percentile for growth at my MFM appointment.  When babies are any smaller than that, they start to stress out.  And not grow some more.  And that freaks me out.  So protein powder it is, even though it's gross.  Even though she's only 10th%, she is still measuring at over 2lbs now, which means that my stomach is squished enough that I can't eat enough protein through food, which is why the doc wants me to drink it.  I'm still trying to eat a lot of high-protein food too though.

So that's the big deal in week 28.  This past week the crib, mattress, car seat, and baby monitor arrived at our house.  So that was exciting.  We also got new brakes and tires for my Volvo.  That wasn't very exciting at all, but I am glad to know that my car is in great shape and ready to transport our little Freebie.  Last week was also Mid-Winter Break, which meant I was able to do some nursery crafting, too.  I made a crib sheet, and am half-way done making her crib skirt look amazing (but I frustratingly didn't buy enough trim!).  Oh, I also am almost done crocheting her a pillow for the chair in there, and a cute little dress!  

28w6d
Week 28 stats:

How far along? 28w6d
Total weight gain: up 16 lbs. according to my last appointment
Maternity clothes? Yep.  I finally got wise & requested one of Keith's shirts to wear to bed.  Heaven.  Long enough, and loose enough to cover the belly.  And it's an old firefighter shirt of his from 2003, so it's nicely broken in and soft. =)
Sleep: sometimes good, sometimes not.
Best moment this week: A toss-up.  Either the arrival of the crib and/or car seat, OR when Dawn took me to get a manicure (with the hot mittens & massage, it was great!).
Miss Anything? not being a slave to my protein powder!
Movement: Tons, AND, this week I could see it from the outside!  It was funny though, she'd stop every time Keith tried to see.
Food cravings: Raspberry everything (raspberries make good smoothies!), and cherry Pop-Tarts.  I know.  But you know what?  I caved today & got some, and it was worth every bite.  I also found out that they don't contain H-bombs (hydrogenated oils), so I don't feel TOO bad...
Anything making you queasy or sick: Too much protein powder!
Gender: Girl!
Labor Signs: Nope
Symptoms: Soreness in my back & feet, and a constant party in my uterus.
Belly Button in or out? Still hanging in there!
Wedding rings on or off? on
Happy or Moody most of the time:  sleepy.  Does that count?
Looking forward to: setting up the crib.  Have to clean out the nursery first though, boo.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your sweet comment! Since you're a "no reply blogger" I ran over here to say "hi". Congrats on your pregnancy! I had to drink this green powdered stuff during my first pregnancy to get enough iron. Blech. I know your pain!

    ReplyDelete