Friday, August 2, 2013

Hi.

It's been a while, yes?

As always, I'm full of excuses.  Here are a few.

Ruby's having some sort of sleep regression.  As in, she won't go to sleep anymore.  Well, not without gut-wrenching, snot rolling down her face, huge alligator tears.  Which we don't do in this house.  But what that translates to is basically her wriggling around in bed with me for a couple of hours every night until she passes out from exhaustion around 10ish.  Since my only free time is dependent upon her being asleep, well, I don't have free time anymore.  I went to a toddler class taught by my former baby class instructor last night and talked about this a lot.  I'm still unsure what I want to do.

Isn't she the cutest, though?

I am trying my damndest to finish Ruby's rainbow quilt (which I started over 2 years ago) so that I can enter it in the fair.  The entry is a week from today.  I still have a good amount of work left to do in that short week.  It's possible, but it's going to take some cooperation from my family, and I'm just not sure I'm going to get that cooperation (which is a whole other story).  I will be really disappointed if I don't finish in time.

Ok, so I guess those are my only two excuses, but they're huge ones.

In other news, oh yeah btw, Ruby is WALKING.  She took her first steps two weeks ago.  While it's still not her preferred method of transportation (and she can't yet stand up without something to pull up on, so that hinders things), she's letting go and walking more and more on her own.  It is insane to me that less than three months ago we were getting her evaluated for gross motor delay, and now she has gone from nothing, to pulling up, crawling, sitting up, cruising, climbing stairs, and walking all in that short time.  Unreal.

Unrelated, I got a random email from a marketing gal at See Kai Run (makers of Ruby's favorite shoes), saying she'd found the blog, and could they post a picture of her wearing the shoes on their Facebook page?  I was surprised they'd found my little ol' blog, but said sure!  So you can peep my little lady out over there if you like.  And if you're visiting my blog because of her picture on the SKR page, welcome!  And thanks for visiting!  I promise I try to post more regularly. ;)

And in other thanks news, if you were the person who ordered something off of MyHabit after clicking my referral link that I had in my deal-finding post, you are AWESOME, and THANK YOU.  That credit will definitely be put to good use!

And, hey!  Want to know how to make me think you all are super duper SUPER awesome?  You can click this link and vote for Ruby in the Pediped casting call contest.  You all know that baby girl LOVES shoes.  This gig would be perfect for her, no?  You can vote once per day, so just head on over there daily (through 8/9) and give her a little vote.   Thanks!

Ok, this tired mama needs to drag her buns downstairs and try to sew without waking up the little monster sweet angel.  Sigh.  Seriously though, this quilt is going to be awesome like nothing you've ever seen.  If I finish it.

No comments:

Post a Comment