Sunday, October 23, 2011

10 Weeks


Little Freebie continues to grow in there, and I continue to dislike pre-pregnancy pants!  =)  I am rocking maternity jeans in the pic above.  Yesterday I made the mistake of wearing normal jeans.  I was just running out to the store, and they were low-rise, and I could get them zipped...  Yeah, sitting in the car with them on was not fun.  I promptly took them off when I got home and put on pajamas.

This week was kind of tough.  One night I had an evening parent meeting at the school, which ran past my normal pregnancy bedtime.  I made it through without falling asleep, but there was one point where I was talking that I started to feel really nauseated, so I totally rushed it so I could stop talking and sit down.
I also got my first cold while being pregnant.  Booooo.  Lots of the kids have had them, and as soon as my throat started hurting, I knew I was doomed.  So far, throat drops, TONS of water, and rest have helped keep it from getting to a full-on state of misery.  The weekend came just in time, and I'm crossing my fingers that this work week won't wear me down.  
I spent $70 at Target on Friday.  I was stocking up my "pregnancy medicine cabinet".  I also needed to refill my thyroid medicine, and let me tell you, that took forever.  Two funny things though:  First, I needed new shampoo & conditioner.  Not because I ran out, but because I totally developed an aversion to the one I had.  $20 worth of Yes to Carrots later, and I am a happy camper.  The other funny thing was, I had to pee SO badly when I came in the store, but the bathroom was out of service for cleaning!  I almost had my first pregnancy meltdown, but thankfully it opened before I peed on their floor (not before I sent Keith some panicked text messages though).
Finally, I got a letter in the mail this week from SRM.  It said that my beloved RE, Dr. O, is leaving the practice.  Noooooooo!  I love Dr. O!  This news made me incredibly sad, and I don't think it was just pregnancy hormones.  He's hands-down my favorite doctor I've ever had.  I sincerely hope he stays in the area, because if we need him again, I'm going to hunt him down no matter what practice he is at.  This news manifested itself in one of my bizarre pregnancy dreams - in which I apparently went to HIM for our upcoming NT scan, and then yelled at him for leaving, cried, and demanded he tell me (in secret) where he was planning to go.  Haha.

Ok, enough talk.  Here's the week 10 stats:
How far along: 10 weeks, 5 days
Total weight gain/loss: no scale this week, though we've been borrowing Laurel's scale for a work in the classroom.  It says my weight goes up and down by 5lbs every other day though, so it can't be trusted. =)
Maternity clothes?: the pants are awesome.  I have to be selective about my shirts.  Keith said, "You look pregnant!" for the first time this week, so I had to cover up the belly.
Strech marks?: no
Sleep:  same old early bedtime/insomnia
Best moment this week: getting a bunch of cloth diapers and my Halloween costume in the mail!
Movement: not that I can feel, but apparently baby is moving around in there.
Food cravings: bagels, Annie's mac & cheese, and cinnamon toast.  That's about it.  Eating is really really challenging.
Gender: no clue
What I miss: food, not being exhausted.  I'm also looking forward to not having to keep this a secret anymore.
Milestones: baby is a prune this week.  I've never been so happy to see a prune!

No comments:

Post a Comment