Saturday, October 1, 2011

7 Weeks

Holy bloat, batman!

Week 7 has been a big week for us.  We got to see Freebie on the ultrasound, and graduated from the RE.  
Like a good little mommy-to-be, I called up my midwife practice the day after we graduated to schedule my first prenatal appointment.  I told them who I was, that I was a patient of the midwives (I'd seen them previously for annuals), and that I'd been under the care of an RE, but was now released to come over there.  When the scheduler asked my due date, I told her, and she said "Oh.  Well, we're closed to May due dates."
What?
I re-explained that I was an existing patient, and didn't really understand why she would say that to me.  She agreed that that was sketchy, and told me she'd leave a message for the midwives and someone would call me back.  So, of course, I was very annoyed.  And worried!  There are really no other CNM practices nearby!
When one of the midwives called me back, I got good news and bad news.  The good news was, of course they'd see me.  I was already their patient!  The bad news, however, was pretty bad.  A couple of the midwives are leaving the practice next month, meaning there won't be enough to have a full-on group.  Which means that I can still see them for my prenatal care, but the midwives and OBs will share the call rotation.  So I could get to deliver with a midwife, but it could be with an OB.  
I was pretty devastated.  I want to try for a natural, drug & intervention free delivery, and I just don't know if I can do it on my own without my midwife there through my whole labor.  I decided to go ahead and schedule my appointment anyway.  At this point, the possibility of a chance at having a midwife is better than no midwife at all.  =(

Here's the week 7 stats:
How far along: 7 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: we don't keep a scale in the house, so I'll only know when I have doctor's appointments
Maternity clothes?: not yet!  BeBands were on sale at Target this week, so I picked one up for when I need it (soon).
Strech marks?: no
Sleep: was going better, until last night when the old insomnia came back.  Also, I am having really vivid dreams!
Best moment this week: seeing our baby & heartbeat on the ultrasound
Movement: not yet
Food cravings: Wendy's baked potatoes
Gender: last night I had a dream it was a girl
What I miss: being able to eat regular food.  I threw up twice this week, and food & I are not friends right now.
Milestones: seeing that heart beat and graduating from the RE!

No comments:

Post a Comment