Saturday, September 8, 2012

Finished - Whoooo Hat

It's been quite a while since I've made anything more substantial than a headband.  A good friend of mine recently had a baby boy, and I wanted to make him a hat for a gift.  This little boy has an older sister, too, and I didn't want her to feel left out, so I wanted to make her a hat also.  I could just make them different hats, but I wanted them to have something similar, that worked well for boys and girls.

Enter the whoooo hat.  At least that's what we call it.


This one's for Ruby.  I'd never made this pattern before, so lucky her, she gets my prototype!  I wasn't too sure about how it would turn out, and I made several modifications to the pattern along the way, but I love it. 

My husband insisted on putting her in that onesie today.  Ugh.

And she's got plenty of room to wear it all winter.  Now I just have to make two more!


The pattern can be found on Ravelry here.


1 comment: