Friday, September 14, 2012

Splish Splash

Guess who started swim lessons today?

"Mom, I am not so sure about gettin' in that pool..."

There's a fairly large infant swim program around here, and babies as young as 4 months can attend.  So after an incredibly frustrating registration process that made me want to pull my hair out, and throw in the towel (no pun intended), Ruby and I donned our suits and headed to class today.

Let's not talk about my first post-partum swimsuit experience, ok?

Instead, let's talk about Ruby.  Ruby liked being in the pool.  She liked the other babies, all of whom are double her weight, if you can believe it (I can't).  She liked the singing.  She did not like being held in the cradle position in the water (she never does on dry land either), or having to face me.

So, we'll see how it goes next week.  I, for one, am hoping that this fosters a life-long love of the pool so she ends up a back stroker like her mama.  =)  Also hoping this means good naps on Friday.  She's taking one now, cross your fingers!

No comments:

Post a Comment