Thursday, August 30, 2012

Nostalgia

I just realized that today is August 30th.  Last year, August 30th was the first day of school.  It was a dramatic morning.

After several abysmal SAs, our RE had referred Keith to a reproductive urologist.  It took six weeks to get the appointment, and the only one they'd give us was at 8:00am on the first day of school.  I was bummed I couldn't go.

Anyway, we both left the house at the same time, since we both had to arrive at our destinations at 8.  The doctor was actually right down the street from my work, so Keith and I were taking the same route.  On I-90 my phone rang.  It was Keith.  His car wouldn't accelerate when he stepped on the gas.  Crap.

We both got off at the next exit in a panic.  Neither one of us could be late!  We ended up leaving his car in the parking lot of a business complex (it barely made it) with a note on it, hoping it wouldn't be towed.  Keith got in my car and we sped off to school.  He dropped me off and hustled to the appointment we'd waited so long to get.

Little did we know, he didn't even need it.  I was already pregnant with this little lady:

She was so tiny!



Oh, and the car?  I don't even remember what all was wrong with it, but it cost us $2100 to fix.  And the urologist cost us $800.  I'm so grateful that I spent this August 30th uneventfully with my girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment